15.1.1 General


  1. The council [1] obtains legal advice and representation from:

    • its in-house Legal Services department, managed by the General Counsel

    • external lawyers instructed by the General Counsel or their staff

    • employment relations lawyers in the People and Performance department.

  2. All requests for legal advice or representation (not concerning employment relations matters) must be referred to the council’s Legal Services department.



| Next